We know that our power at Kaya Press comes from bringing together individuals and their stories. Kaya’s 28 years of publishing cutting-edge books is a testament not only to the power of our authors, but also that of all of our collaborators, especially our readers and supporters. Over the next month, we’ll be highlighting and showing our gratitude to 28 Tigers of Kaya—just a small selection of the people who make us powerful.
We’re asking you to become a Kaya Tiger by supporting us in our goal to raise $30,000 by January 1, 2023. Donate here.
These past few years of pandemic life have been challenging as we’ve faced revenue loss, major supply-demand printing delays, and more, but your support has enabled us to overcome obstacles and emerge stronger.
• We celebrated the release of Jenny Liou’s debut poetry collection Muscle Memory and Sutra & Bible: Faith and the Japanese American World War II Incarceration, edited by Duncan Williams and Emily Anderson, in collaboration with the Japanese American National Museum, as an extensive catalog to an exhibit of the same name.
• Truong Tran’s book of the other: small in comparison won the 2022 CLMP Firecracker Award in Poetry.
• We returned en force to public events like the AWP Conference in Philadelphia, the LA Times Festival of Books, the Lit Lit Festival in Downtown Los Angeles and more.
• We worked with students and recent graduates from USC, UCLA, San Diego State, UC Berkeley and CalArts and other places. They took part in our editorial process, book fairs and events, communications, and fundraising. They revamped and edited several issues of Throughlines, our newsletter that focuses on connections with educators and scholars, and are about to launch Milkteeth Books, our forthcoming chapbook imprint.
By raising $30,000 with your support, we will continue to nurture and support API voices. Donate here!
WHAT YOUR SUPPORT WILL DO
• Connect readers with cutting edge new and classic titles.
• Support Kaya’s diasporic imprints dedicated to Korean and Japanese and Vietnamese work translation.
• Build communities and support the next generation of Asian Pacific Islanders around the globe.
• Support our amazing staff and operations!
Become a Kaya Tiger
Help us continue to grow our collective power by donating to our Fundraising Goal of $30,000! In these uncertain times, monthly donations ensure Kaya’s sustainability and let us focus on our mission. Until the end of 2022, our Super Tiger donor Stephen CuUnjieng will match every dollar you donate to Kaya Press — doubling your support!
We Can Do It!
Leave a Comment
We'd love to know what you think.